1/11/2014

My word of the year

Several bloggers that I follow decide to not write down resolutions for the new year, but instead think of one word to keep in mind the entire year. I thought it'd be a fun thing to do as well, so I started to think of a word I might want to use. As hard as it was, I finally chose the word, persistence. The dictionary defines persistence as, 

"The quality that allows someone to continue doing something or trying to do something even though it is difficult or opposed by other people". 

This word fits me perfectly this year. It has been a trying last few years with the various school, health, family, and other trials that I've experienced. Sometimes it seems like it'd be easier if I did something else or stopped trying, but I know that if I can keep going everything will be worth it. I've wanted nothing more than to be able to finish school, move to Ohio, find a teaching job, and start a family. Seeing so many around me complete those dreams of mine has been so tough, especially if they come across in a bragging sort of way. But I know I must stay firm and have the persistence to keep going, because one day it will be me completing my dreams! I think persistence isn't just continuing on, but continuing on with a positive and graceful attitude. I can make it through this year, I just know I can :)

2 comments:

Marianne Barker said...

D&C 63:47 is one of my favorite scriptures about persistence.

Megan said...

That's a wonderful scripture! Thanks for sharing :)