1/04/2014

New Years Eve, Day, and a few goals for 2014

We didn't really do much during New Years Eve day, besides going for a walk at the Wellington Reservation where Vince and I had our wedding reception. It was a freezing cold day, with wind chills quite low, but it was still a lovely walk. We ended up only walking around a half mile since it was so darn cold. The blanket of snow was perfect!
Where we had our reception. I love this place :)
A snowy walk
A leaf leftover from autumn
We were pretty cold!
Here's the map of our walk
After our walk we made a pit stop at the store for some snacks, then came home, got ready, then went over to a friend's house for a game night. We ended up coming home around 10 so we could relax the rest of the evening at home and avoid the bad roads. And of course we had to watch the ball drop from Times Square live since we are in Eastern Time Zone again :)
Happy New Year!
New Years Day we really didn't do much at all either....it was so nice! The snow started, and we didn't really want to go anywhere. I did give Toby a bath since he desperately needed one.
Toby doesn't like to get dried off
So cute!!!!
And since I really love coming up with them, Vince and I also wrote down a few goals for this year. I know, I know, another person writing down their resolutions that they probably won't keep but still mention anyway. But I'm a sucker for lists, especially goal lists, and even if I only complete part of them I still enjoy writing them down. Plus it's been fun to go back a few years and see what my goals have been (several similar ones!).

Run in at least 3 races (5ks, 10ks, and maybe a half marathon?)
Visit at least 3 national parks we've never been before

Have at least one weekly meatless dinner
Expand our container garden a little and do more food preserving
Pack my lunch at least 4 days a week
Practice non-clarinet instruments at least once a week (piano, guitar, flute, and violin if I can ever bring it back...)
Finish updating bedroom and kitchen (by finishing building and painting/staining furniture, and purchasing/fixing up other items for the room)

Do everything possible to improve my asthma

Vince has a few to add as well:
In addition to the ones Megan put up there that we can both do like the National Parks one, the occasional meatless meal and the gardening, I have a few individual goals that if I don't write down, I will forget about. So here they are:

Get a 3.5 GPA in all classes I take this year.
Fit back into my awesome suit (probably have to drop ~80lbs for that).
Actually do something with at least one of my domain names.
Get a new (to us) car.
Purchase and build one of these: http://ergodox.org/

And I may think of another one or two. But there we go for now. 

We are excited for a fresh year and looking forward to more adventures. It's going to be a great year, I can feel it :)

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

I like Vince's goal of doing something with one of his domain names :) Good luck on all of it, both of you!

Vanessa said...

Oh, and what I thought of while falling asleep: Megan was kind of downplaying the goals you guys made. Don't discount what a difference it can make to share your goals with people. I have found that it can be a big source of encouragement, as long as you don't let yourself get stressed about having to please your audience. Just keep it real, but go for your goals all the way!

Megan said...

I'm excited to see what he does with the domain names. And writing down goals always helps me, I just sometimes feel silly doing so if I don't complete them. Although we've done better each year!

Suzanne said...

I have a great idea-I want to get a domain name for when I start my business-he can work on that one! And ps the pictures are beautiful-I forgot how cure that place was where we had your reception!